The chart below shows witness responses to key questions in the Michael Brown shooting. The chart also shows Officer Wilson’s responses to the same questions.
Laura Santhanam and Vanessa Dennis from PBS published data of witness responses testifying about Michael Brown’s shooting. Their original article, What do they newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? can be viewed on the PBS website. According to their article, they read an analyzed more than 500 witness testimonies to develop the data file.
Officer Wilson’s responses to each question is show in light blue on the bottom of the bar charts.
- Did Michael Brown put hands up when fired upon?
- Did Michael Brown face Darren Wilson when fired upon?
- Did Michael Brown reach into or otherwise directly interact with police car?
- Was Michael Brown running away from Darren Wilson when fired upon?
- Did Michael Brown put his hands at his waist?
- Was Michael Brown kneeling when fired upon?
- Did Michael Brown charge at police car or police officer?
- Did Darren Wilson fire gun repeatedly at Michael Brown while Michael Brown was down?